I am very excited to announce that I have been nominated for the Dragon’s Loyalty award by Sophie Sabina Creations. Thanks Sophie! I’m flattered you would think of me for such an awesome award 🙂
To accept, I must list 7 things about myself and then nominate other bloggers for the award.
First, my 7 things…
1. The first meals I learned to cook were fried eggs and boxed macaroni and cheese. I subsisted off these delicacies until after college, when I discovered the vegetable.
2. In elementary and middle school, I was obsessed with the Sweet Valley High books. There were about a bazillion of these books published and up until I read the full list books posted on Snark Valley’s blog, I thought I’d read a good chunk of them. Clicking my way down the list, was a short trip down memory lane that began with Double Love and ended with On the Edge. I was so in love with the series, I had the board game and forced my mother to play it with me.
3. I knew my husband was “the one” when he hula hooped on our first date.
Jen’s Criteria for “the one”
1. Likes to share food at restaurants
2. Likes to share food at home
3. Always likes to share his food
4. Lets the cat sit on his lap until his bladder is bursting, because he doesn’t want to disturb him. Aw… so cute.
5. Uses the fact that the cat is on his lap to make me his waitress: “I can’t reach my water glass. Where is my phone? Will you bring me an Oreo?” Uh… not as cute.
6. Doesn’t fart in front of me on the first date. Inevitably, this will happen. And it will happen more and more as the relationship continues.
7. Listens intently to every word I say on the first date. Inevitably, this stops happening. And it will happen less and less as the relationship continues.
8. Is willing to partake in activities he’s not very good at, such as hula hooping.
9. Is willing to partake in activities I’m not very good at, such as cleaning, doing laundry and making dinner.
4. I college, I took a snowball to the face and ended up on the cover of the college newspaper–my parents were so proud. If I were more organized (and less lazy), I would unearth one of the papers from my basement and post a pic. But let’s be honest. That’s not going to happen, so you’ll just have use your imagination. Here, I’ll give you a little help.
5. Most people book a hotel based on price, location or amenities. I look for animals.
6. My husband and I decorated sugar cookies Sunday night. Monday I spent the day eating leftover frosting directly from the tub. I’m working under the notion that there is no use in letting it go to waste.
7. One Christmas I was either hungry, or curious, and took a bite from a fruit shaped ornament, like this one.
Now, for my nominees: