Time to celebrate! Geanie from the The Library Lady and Rosie Bear has nominated me for the Sunshine Award. This is a new award for me, so I’m super excited. And I love that it has sunshine in the name, because as most of you know I’m always cold, and now I have some extra sunshine to keep me warm 🙂 Thanks Geanie!
To accept the award I must list 10 things about myself and then nominate other bloggers for the award.
First, my 10 things…
1. After college, I volunteered at the Denver Zoo. I chose to work with hoofstock which involved a lot of pooper scooping and hay hauling. It was probably the most physically exhausting work I’ve done, but I was able to eat like a football player (or teenage boy) and not gain a pound! And I got to know some overly friendly camels and hand feed a rhino.
2. One of my favorite things to do in the summer is take a trip to Water World, one of the top water parks in the country. This also burns a lot of calories because to go on any rides you have to haul yourself, and sometimes a large inner tube, up a mountain… fine a hill. And I really love the Voyage to the Center of the Earth ride. You and two of your closest friends get to slip and slide into a time of dinosaurs and watery thrills, with an animated Tyrannosaurus Rex and Brachiosaurus to greet you along the way.
3. I remember the first time I heard the song, American Pie. I was twelve (I think) and visiting family in Florida. We were staying in a Disney campground and one of the restaurants had live music. One night, the band played a cover of the song. Somehow I will remember that always. Random, huh?
4. For Halloween this year, my husband and I dressed as a clown and harlequin from a dark/night circus.
5. The first (and only) time I was published in the Denver newspaper was when I was elementary school. Our assignment was to describe what we would make our Mothers for breakfast on Mother’s Day and why. My culinary skills not being the greatest at the time, I think she may have gotten toast…
6. When the song, Ice Ice Baby, came out by Vanilla Ice I memorized every word. And I still know it. The whole thing. Don’t get me started…
7. Some of my favorite scary movies are: Poltergeist, The Shining and Pet Sematary. Zelda is by far the scariest character in that movie.
8. In college, I thought it would be a good idea to take my roommate’s bunny outside to play. To be sure Buster didn’t get away, I got him a leash and tried to walk him around the yard. We didn’t get very far. Eventually we ditched the leash and just let him hop around the yard.
9. I like to craft. And sometimes I like to make my loved ones craft with me. We made these on Thanksgiving one year:
10. In high school I got roped into participating in the Denver Parade of Lights, a holiday parade held in December. I was dressed as a piece of candy and had to carry this REALLY heavy sign. And it was cold.
And now, the other blogs I nominate for the award:
Okay, so here are the rules:
1. Use the Sunshine Award logo in the post.
2. Link to whoever nominated you.
3. Write ten pieces of information about yourself.
4. Nominate up to ten fellow bloggers, “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”.
5. Leave a comment on the nominees’ blogs to tell them of the award
Thanks and have fun!