Wow! I have now been nominated for the Leibster award three times! This must be some sort of record 🙂 This time Andrea at Review Books and More was nice enough to nominate me. Thanks Andrea!
For those who don’t know, the award is a way to recognize up and coming bloggers and encourage people to visit new/interesting blogs. First, I must answer the following questions…
1. What is your favorite font?
Hmmm. I know it’s weird for a writer not to have a favorite font, but I’ve never really thought about it. I’ll say … Garamond
2. What is the first book you remember reading?
Gosh, um… Not a hundred percent sure. The first books I read on a regular basis were a part of the Sweet Valley High series with Elizabeth and Jessica Wakefield. Oh, yes, those were the good old days…
3. What is the first book you fell in love with and never wanted to end?
I remember being really attached to Where the Red Fern Grows.
4. How much time do you spend on the computer a day for work?
Right now, I probably spend about 3 to 4 hours for my consulting work. When I had my 9 to 5 job, I probably spent 7 hours for work.
5. How much time do you spend on the computer a day for other reasons?
I’d say around 5 hours – blogging, research, Pinterest, looking at cute cat pictures…
6. Do you have an animal companion? What type of animal and name?
Three cats: MoJo, Lindie and Olive. One squirrel who thinks he owns all the almonds in my house: I call him Uppity, because he’s too good for peanuts.
7. What is the motto of your life?
Find what you’re passionate about and go for it. Who cares what anyone else thinks?
8. What do you want for Christmas?
A Kindle and a magic elf that will edit all my novels and clean my house while I’m sleeping.
9. Do you like cheese? (Really, I just wanted to ask something silly).
Cheese used to be my favorite food–I put it on everything, but I’ve cut dairy out my diet. I feel much better now and I don’t really miss it!
10. Name one person you admire.
Anyone who has the guts to step away from a job/situation that is comfortable and go for their dreams.
And now, the other blogs I nominate for the award:
I have done some research and found that the origins of the Liebster are a little foggy and the rules have changed over time, with different versions of the award floating around out there. Some have you just list random facts about yourself, some have you only nominate 5 other bloggers, etc. So, for those of you that I’ve nominated feel free to accept or decline the award, participation is optional and nominate as many bloggers as you like.
Okay, so here are the rules:
-Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
-Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
-Nominate up to 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
-Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
-Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them
Here are my 10 questions:
1. Spicy food: yummy or heartburn in the making?
2. Have you ever stayed in a hostel? How about a bed and breakfast?
3. Do you still own any stuffed animals?
4. Mittens or gloves? Or neither?
5. If you could change one thing about the way you look, what would it be? Or would you change anything?
6. What is your biggest fear, that is also somewhat irrational?
7. Have you ever cheated at a board game?
8. Where do you eat most of your meals? On the couch? At the dining room table? Standing in the kitchen? In a comfy diner booth?
9. Is there a food that you just can’t stand?
10. Have you ever bought anything you saw on an infomercial?
Thanks and have fun!