25 thoughts on “Did I write this post? I don’t remember

1. laurelrainsnow says:

OMG! You have just described my life! Hilarious…and so true.

I have also used that one about how we have soooo much more information to store than young people….and, I am NOT going to Google that yet…Sure enough, the info shows up a couple of hours later.

And here’s another one: our minds are like our computers. The “memory” can get full and needs to be cleared out before it can retrieve anything else. A disk defragmentation, perhaps?

2. jennifer Windram says:

It’s always nice to know other people have the same memory hiccups. I’ve even noticed some of my friends my age having little slips every now and then.

I just use it as an excuse to take a break and do some, as you put it, disk defragmentation 🙂

3. Marcy Blankenship says:

I was watching an interview with Ringo Starr. The interviewer asked him the name of his first drum set. Ringo couldn’t come up with it. He tried and tried and finally said, it’s there, it just has to ‘bubble up to the surface’. He went on with the interview and sure enough, about 10 minutes later in the interview it came to him. I like that, the information just has to ‘bubble up to the surface’ because it is just so buried under so much other stuff in there.

4. geanieroake says:

All right, I’ve figured out a system for the hair washing delimma. After using the shampoo, I leave the lid up. After using the conditioner I leave the lid up. When finished put them down again and start over the next day. Appointments or anything else I must remember go in huge block letters on a large piece of paper stuck to the pantry door – GET GAS etc. Glad it’s not just me.

5. Ann Sowards says:

I hate to frighten someone younger than me…yeah, that’s a lie…but this is just the tip of the…..ummmmm, wtf is that thing called…..just kidding. I know it’s a Popsicle. What was I saying? Oh, yeah, you’ll be doing this for years, and it will get a lot worse before it gets better. In fact, you’ll get a hint that things may be looking back up, verbal-wise, when things start looking way down, skin tissue-wise. Yep. Sorry. The worst part is, alcohol in no way helps either issue.

6. Aussa Lorens says:

Where would we be without google?
    Oh, that’s right… accomplishing things and publishing novels. Woops.
    But there would be so many mispellings of “hello” floating around out there.

Google is amazing. Remember actually having to go the library for research? Or using a phone book? Or a paper map? Crazy.

The number of possible misspellings is probably infinite. I’m sure Google has some data we can look up 🙂

Thanks for coming by!

• Aussa Lorens says:

Oh, technology.. I’m about to go to NYC for the 4th time– but this is the first time that they have all these fancy apps that tell me how to navigate the subway system. I’m like… REALLY?! Where was this when I was 18 and wandering around like a runaway?